Wis is a 2017-18 Super Lawyer
- Harry W. “Wis” Laughlin, often called “the Wisard” by his clients, may be the only tax and legal professional that you will ever need. Why? Wis has a unique background so he can help you tax, business, and estate planning and as well as contract negotiation. Wis is a knowledgeable and entertaining speaker on his subjects. He teaches lawyers and speaks often to nonlegal audiences.
- He is a 2017-18 tax SUPER LAWYER. And is ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale.com
- Wis prepares TAX RETURNS, but he has unusual qualifications. He is a tax attorney with over 35 years in private practice Wis created Tax Mastery©, a state of the art program that shows clients how to pay the lowest legal taxes. When he graduated from law school, the IRS hired Wis to work in their Interpretative Division in the IRS National Office.
- Wis prepares REVOCABLE LIVING TRUSTS and other estate planning documents. One of 17 Accredited Estate Planner in Memphis an Accredited Estate Planner, he advises clients on how to minimize costs and taxes associated with wills, trusts, probate..
- Wis negotiates win-win CONTRACTS. He spent 6 years as in-house counsel for a national software company where he handled negotiations with Fortune 500 companies like IBM and the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Wis holds business and law degrees from the University of Tennessee where he was a member of Omicron Delta Kappa honorary fraternity. He attended the Georgetown University Law Center Masters of Law in Taxation program.
- Wis is frequent speaker to continuing legal education classes for the Memphis Bar Association and to other groups who want to learn about tax, estate or business planning.
- ARTIST, MUSICIAN – Wis is a wood sculptor and piano player and so thinks “outside the box.
- Wis’s peers have given him the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethics in his chosen fields: Tax, Trust & Estates and Probate. Martindale-Hubbell.
- Wis is a former member of the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the Memphis Bar Association and was recently on its governing committee.
- Wis is familiar with the Probate Court and how to keep you out of it. In 2017 Expertise selected Wis as one of the top estate planners in Memphis.
- SPEAKER – Wis is a knowledgeable and entertaining speaker on tax, business, and estate planning. He speaks often to both professional and lay audiences. Read more.
- EDUCATION – iN the Georgetown University Law Center Masters of Law in Taxation program he completed graduate courses in the taxation of Partnerships, Natural Resources, Estate Planning, Taxation of Trusts and Estates, Income Tax Accounting and Capital Gains and Losses.
- Wis’s works of art.
- See Wis’ LINKEDIN PROFILE