SUPER LAWYER! Wis was selected as a 2017 Super Lawyer, among the top 5% of tax lawyers. Read more.
Are you throwing away thousands of hours and dollars on unnecessary taxes, legal and estate costs? If so, you need Harry W. “Wis” Laughlin, often called “the WIsard” by his clients. Wis eliminates these costs by
- assisting and mentoring his clients
- with tax preparation and planning,
- estate planning and
- the negotiation of effective legal documents.
- Wis possesses a breadth of tax and legal expertise you won’t find in most lawyers or CPA’s. Wis is your advocate, not your accountant.
He may be the only tax and legal professional that you will ever need. Why?
- Wis is a former IRS National Office tax attorney with over 35 years in private practice. He is licensed to practice law in Tennessee and handles federal tax matters nationwide.
- For over 35 years, Wis’s peers have given him the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethics in his chosen fields: Tax, Trust & Estates and Probate. Martindale-Hubbell.
- Wis is a member of the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the Memphis Bar Association and was recently on its governing committee.
ACCREDITED ESTATE PLANNER
Wis is one of 17 Accredited Estate Planners in the Memphis area. He is familiar with the Probate Court and how to keep you out of it. In 2017 Expertise selected Wis as one of the top estate planners in Memphis.
As General Counsel for many years with a national software company, Wis negotiated millions of dollars of contracts with companies Fortune 500 companies like IBM, NCR, Unisys, Chase and the Federal Reserve Bank.
SPEAKER – Wis is a knowledgeable and entertaining speaker on tax, business, and estate planning. He speaks often to both professional and lay audiences. Read more.
EDUCATION – Wis holds a B.S. degree in business and J.D. degree in law from the University of Tennessee. He is a member of Omicron Delta Kappa. He was admitted to the Georgetown University Law Center Masters of Law in Taxation program where he completed courses in the taxation of Partnerships, Natural Resources, Estate Planning, Taxation of Trusts and Estates, Income Tax Accounting and Capital Gains and Losses.
ARTIST, MUSICIAN – Wis is an artist and musician and as such thinks “outside the box.” See some of Wis’s works of art.
See Wis’ LINKEDIN PROFILE