Welcome to tax season! Did you enjoy your last tax bill? If not, stick with me!.
Experience: I have been practicing law as a tax attorney for more than 40 years starting as an IRS attorney in Washington, DC, and have been certified as a Super Lawyer in taxation from 2007-2022. Lawyers write the tax law. Don’t you deserve the best? To top it off, I have the easiest and most effective tax preparation system available.
Technology: I use Intuit’s Proseries Professional software, the most used professional tax preparation software in the United States. Proseries is the Professional version of Turbo Tax.
Prep_to_Plan (TM): I created and I use Prep_to_Plan (TM) (“PtoP”) tax planning software to assure that you pay the lowest legal taxes. I wrote PtoP and I update it with Daily Tax Reports from Bloomberg Tax.
What clients say: Wis listens and probes for the best approach. He explains difficult concepts so that I can understand them and am satisfied. ~Bob Laster, Manager of ExecNet at FedEx Services
My motto is “ease and effectiveness.” Here are some ways you can help me help you pay the lowest legal taxes.
- Refer me a client – get a 15% discount on my fees (or give it to your referral).
- Complete your Tax Organizer, including W-2s, Form 1099,1095-A, etc.
- Round entries.
- Give me totals, not a list.
- Provide taxpayers’ and dependents’ birthdays.
- Look for tax-related items on your credit card and checking statements.
- Do not duplicate the information that you send me.
- If you buy or sell an investment or business asset, list the date purchased, cost, price, and sale date.
- Provide closing statements for the purchase, sale, or refinancing of real estate.
- Have a receipt for each charitable gift describing it, the date, cost, name, and address of the charity.
- Use the Business Income and Expenses form to report your business items.
- Miscellaneous expenses (job or investment related) are not relevant.
- For each rental property list its cost, date first rented, rent, and expenses.
- Business vehicles: enter model date use began, business, and mileage.
- For dependent care, list the provider’s name, tax number & address.
- Meet personally with me to review your return.
Contact Wis for a FREE, half-hour consultation. See your tax savings