Welcome to tax season! For the most effective tax preparation, be prepared! I believe that I have the most easy and effective tax preparation system available. I guarantee clients “ease and effectiveness,” so they pay the lowest legal taxes with the least effort and reasonable tax preparation fees.We offer clients:
- Preparation by a tax professional’
- professional software, Intuit’s Proseries Professional, which provides a Tax Organizer to make sure you don’t miss a thing! (Intuit is the maker of Turbotax, Quicken, and Quickbooks).
- I and only I offer my clients Tax Mastery© my custom tax program that shows them how to pay the lowest legal taxes.
To do that:
- Make sure that your preparer, whether a CPA or not, has considerable tax training and experience and spends the majority of his time with tax matters..
- Send your preparer a completed Tax Organizer with all required documents: W-2’s, Form 1099’s, Form 1095-A, etc.Don’t send documents piecemeal.
- Meet personally with the tax preparer and discuss needed decisions.
- Provide birthdays for taxpayers and dependents.
- Review all credit card and checking statements for tax-related items.
- Don’t duplicate tax information on the organizer.
- Round entries to the nearest dollar.
- If you have a list that adds up to an entry in the Organizer, explain it.
- If you buy or sell an investment or a business asset, list its date purchased cost, selling price and sale date.
- List each charitable gift and date, the name of charity and its address. Describe gifts of property and cost.
- Provide closing statements for new or refinanced mortgage loans.
- If you are an employee with job-related expenses, list Employee (Miscellaneous) deductions. Your preparer should have plenty of ideas for these. I offer my clients checklists for these and many other deductions.
- If you have a Business, its revenue and expenses are reported on Schedule C, not Schedule A.
- If you have rental properties identify their rent and expenses separately. List the cost and date of rental use.
- For each business vehicle, enter business mileage and total mileage.
- For dependent care, list the provider’s name, tax number & address.
With more than thirty-five years of experience, there is so much more I could say. Furthermore, with my one of a kind Tax Mastery© program I can give you advice designed just for you to help you pay the lowest legal taxes. Call today for an appointment.